Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blog Post from a Boardie

Blog post from April 14, 2010
11:30 p.m.

Guys, I cannot BELIEVE what I saw today.

Okay, so it's finals week and everything is crazy in general you know? But I never thought I'd meet a Board writer this week! Well, sort of...

So this is what happened. I had been studying on campus late, late, late again (I swear that American Heritage class is going to kill me, CURSE YOU CORE CURRICULUM!!), this time in the Terrace in the Wilk, when I see two people run in, and I mean run. I didn't think much of it (except for the fact that it disrupted my studying) until I totally realized that it was LASER JOCK AND MICO!

~Eep!~

I'm only sorta-kinda ashamed to admit it, but I totally figured out who they were after hours of dedicated stalking and I'm ridiculously proud. :D But I could tell because the man had [color] hair, [color] eyes, and was [adjective]. And the girl? Well, her hair was [color], her eyes were [color], and she was [adjective]! Guys, it was so obvious! Hehe!

Despite my glee, I was kinda worried about them because they looked really freaked out. Mico kept looking around to see if "the coast was clear" and LJ was dialing the phone and looked pretty nervous.

Well, I couldn't let up the golden opportunity to see what all this was about, so I casually gathered up my books, stretched, got a drink, and settled in at a closer table. By this time, Laser Jock was talking with someone on the phone. I opened up my evil evil American Heritage book all casual-like and listened in.

"...I know, I thought that would be the safest place to research too, but...yes. Just myself and Mico...the others were - " he looked around and I scratched my neck and hummed a little bit and pretended like I didn't even know he was there.

"Assimilated. As far as we know. Pseudoname, Saint Sebastienne, Yellow, Rating Pending...Mico and I got out okay, but the Borg is after us...I think they somehow knew we were going to be there. Is there a way they can hack into our system? They must be getting information from us somehow...Yes, yes, we did the research on the lead you gave us, and we're still not sure - what was the name again?...And who is she, exactly?...Right. Well, we might go to another location and try, perhaps the library. We can't afford to lose any more writers. Time's running out...I know that. But what else can we do?...Okay. Will do. Bye."

I know what you're thinking: WTH???!?!1!?

Laser Jock and Mico looked at each other.

"What did he say?" asked Mico.

"We've got to keep looking up information, find out who she really is," replied Laser Jock. "It's the only lead we've got at the moment.

Mico nodded. "All right. Let's head out."

So they left, and I sat there, all open-mouthed just like a cartoon character. What was going on with the Board? Assimilation? Borg? Had I somehow missed this amidst my studying and last-second research paper writing?

Guess I'm gonna have to do more stalking! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment