Thursday, April 15, 2010

Communications from [Editor #2]: "One Writer Left"

G-Chat between [Editor #2] and [Katya]
Thursday April 15, 2010
10:37 pm

[Editor #2]: [Katya] are you there?

[Katya]: Well you're up late. Final tomorrow?

[Editor #2]: In a manner of speaking.
It's finally happening, [Katya].

[Katya]: I know.
I've been following everything.
What's your next step?

[Editor #2]: There's only one writer left.
[Queen Alice], a pretty new writer.
I knew she was good, but she's lasted a long time.
I think I underestimated her.

[Katya]: Never a good idea with Board writers.
Speaking of underestimating, have you seen some of the things that they've pieced together?
The news articles. The emails. Frankly, I'm impressed.

[Editor #2]: I'm surprised myself. There was more out there in the public than I ever knew. Than any of us knew, probably.
I can see how even someone who was reading carefully could draw the wrong conclusion about all of this. . .
Not that that's really a concern anymore.

[Katya]: Are you prepared to go through with this? I don't envy you the next 24 hours, [Editor #2].
I never had the stomach for this sort of thing.
It's one of the reasons I got out.

[Editor #2]: I'll do what needs to be done.
The Board will go on.

[Katya]: In one form or another . . .

[Editor #2]: As long as it goes on.
Alright, I need to go.
I have to talk to Queen Alice.

G-chat thread terminated 10:47

---------------------
G-chat between [Editor #2] and [Queen Alice]
Thursday April 15, 2010
10:50pm

[Editor #2]: [Queen Alice]? We have to talk.

[Queen Alice]: I have nothing to say to you.

[Editor #2]: I understand what you must think.

[Queen Alice]: I hope you do!
I was THERE, [Editor #2]!!
In the lab.
When they took them.
When the Borg or whoever it was took our friends!
I thought YOU were my friend, [Editor #2]!

[Editor #2]: You don't have the full story. I promise you I can explain. I can make this right. Let me meet with you. Face to face.
Please, [Queen Alice]. We're all that's left.
Meet me at 3:00 am at the tunnel entrance in the underground parking lot. The library crowd will have gone.

[Queen Alice]: How can I know you'll be there? Or that some Borg who used to be [Sky Bones] or [Humble Master] won't be waiting for me?

[Editor #2]: Look, I guess you CAN'T know for sure.
You can NEVER know.
But you signed on for this, and if we can't trust each other, [Queen Alice], then by all means, go to what used to be our headquarters, where we used to work together and trust each other. Go there and turn yourself in. Make yourself one of them. Because if we can't trust each other, then there's nothing left for the Borg to take from us. They've already won.

[Queen Alice]: . . .
3:00 am?

[Editor #2]: Yes.

[Queen Alice]: OK.
I'll be there.

G-chat thread terminated 10:55pm

------------------------
Email from [Editor #2] to Unknown email address
Sent Thursday April 15, 2010
10:58pm

To Ms. Jeri Ryan,

There is only one writer left, [Queen Alice] who goes by the pseudonym Queen Alice. She will be alone in the location we discussed at 3:00am. It is possible that she knows of your existence and your presence on BYU campus.

Proceed as planned.

[Editor #2]

No comments:

Post a Comment